When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about black phantom anniversary edition. Offer up ad

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Durfmeyer

Finally riding a big boys bike
I’m just curious about the value of the anniversary black phantoms. I saw this on my local offer up and was kinda shocked by the price. To me this is overpriced but I’m interested to see what people value them at.
48C3B666-3E68-49D1-818F-B5137231CB60.jpeg

I think that is over priced by about $500 + or - Just depends on location I guess. I have the same exact bike with the original box, certificate etc: that I fished with on CL and a guy in NC offered me $1,500.... I have a Red and Green still double boxed that I have turned down $1,700 each from a member here. I'm glad I have them but if I were looking to spend $1,000 to $1,400 ish on a Phantom it would not be a reproduction, too many pretty nice originals out there in that price range.

The seller of that Black Phantom above mentioned he had a Green one, that's not this one. I've seen the Anni Black Phantoms as low as 900 bucks in slightly used condition.

There’s no market for these in my neck of the woods. When they show up locally, people can’t even get $1,000 for them. Even at $500 it takes the right person.

... They are worth ALOT more parted out ... just ask Bobcycles ... :D;)

The re-pop Phantoms were built in 1995, but that's been 25 years ago now. I don't know about the demand, but the supply is limited to 4000 (evidently Boulder eventually used around 1000 frames for the Cruiser Deluxe 7). And if enough people are parting them out, then...

I wouldn’t pay over $750 for one in mint condition. Why would you? You can find decent originals for $1000 and up.

I wouldn’t pay over $750 for one in mint condition. Why would you? You can find decent originals for $1000 and up.
I don't know why you would even pay $750 or even $550 if you don't like them and it's not for you. I can't imagine saying " I paid $600 for this bike but I really don't like it" Just not for everyone. I would trip over a stack of pre war bikes to get a look at a 50's mw in a bush.

Back