When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Delta Silveray lenses

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Livmojoe

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey Cabers,
I tried searching, yet came up empty. I have a couple Delta Silveray fender lights and noticed one simply says "DELTA" in a large font embossed (actually raised letters with the "L" being stretched the tallest) across the top of the lens, and the other has the word "SILVERAY" in smaller font kind of curved along the top portion of the lens. Is there any rhyme or reason to the change in Mfg name or product name and font with regards to a date?... meaning is one older or was used during certain years, where perhaps the other style lens was used in later years?

Thanks in advance

Thanks Jim for the help. Here's four pictures of Delta Silveray lenses. Style #2 and #3 are the ones I have, although it seems there's a couple other styles with various Delta logos or text placements. Pictures #1 and #4 I grabbed from other CABE posts. Style #1 is simple basic font (looks later to me), Style #2 is with just the Delta mfg logo but stylized a bit, Style #3 is with the Silveray product name logo at the top, and then Style #4 seems to be a combo of Style #2 and #3 with both the mfg name and product name.
Is there any chronological order to the various lens styles? Certain years when one or the other was used? Thanks in advance.

Style #1
Delta Style #1.jpg

Style #2
Delta Style #2.jpg

Style #3
Delta Style #3.jpg

Style #4
Delta Style #4.jpg

I can’t vouch for the lens material in pics #1 and #4, yet the two Silverays I have (#2 and #3) have glass lenses, not plastic.
Of the two I have, do you know if one font or logo style is older than the other?

Thanks Jim for the help. Here's four pictures of Delta Silveray lenses. Style #2 and #3 are the ones I have, although it seems there's a couple other styles with various Delta logos or text placements. Pictures #1 and #4 I grabbed from other CABE posts. Style #1 is simple basic font (looks later to me), Style #2 is with just the Delta mfg logo but stylized a bit, Style #3 is with the Silveray product name logo at the top, and then Style #4 seems to be a combo of Style #2 and #3 with both the mfg name and product name.
Is there any chronological order to the various lens styles? Certain years when one or the other was used? Thanks in advance.

Style #1
View attachment 815472

Style #2
View attachment 815473

Style #3
View attachment 815474

Style #4
View attachment 815475

What’s the difference between 2 and 4?

Back