When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about greasing Bendix rb2 coaster brake

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Suddenly it’s 1960!

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi,sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this. I bought a 19mm cone wrench and was going to overhaul and lube the bendix rb2 coaster brake hub on my Forward Thrust spaceliner today. I watched a video online about the process and the person doing it used marine grease on the bearings and then suggested hi temp red bearing grease on the shoes and inside the hub shell. My question is,can the red hi temp grease also be used on the bearings as well or is there a reason marine grease must be used on the bearings? I ask because I only have red hi temp grease at the moment.
Also how much of a coating of hi temp grease should be applied inside the hub shell and on the pads?

Thanks. I figured I’d try and do this myself to save the $40 the bike shop wanted to do it.

Thanks,glad to know I can use the red grease for everything. Will check it out link now. I watched RJ’s video on YouTube. Seems pretty straightforward.

Back