When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about steering stop on 39 DX

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Old Iron Bob

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a 39 dx with a steering stop. I thought they were only on bikes with springer forks and 40, 41. The stop and fork have a good 1/2" of space. Have you come across a DX with a stop and blade forks ?

C96550C1-83E3-4952-95E0-780ABAAC2845.jpeg

258F4A53-B8D2-44D8-9F82-3A3C315BE4B4.jpeg

I have noticed a different curve on the upper part of the fork leg. Yours looks like a 41 profile .I am going try a another springer fork

From what I've gathered, the stops were used on all models that were factory built with tanks and the springer fork. No tank or no springer, no stop, had to have been built with both.

Last edited:
I have noticed a different curve on the upper part of the fork leg. Yours looks like a 41 profile .I am going try a another springer fork

Yeah Bob you need the less curved upper leg style of prewar springer. Every original 39-41 DX with a bumper tube that I have ever seen uses the "41" profile fork legs.

Obviously adding rubber bumpers and moving the tank back if possible helps too.

Back