When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question About Wheel Sets

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Evans200

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
Cleaning a 54 Huffy Dial Your Ride, and assembling bike I just received. The rims, spokes, and hubs are really nasty. I don't think I'm going to use them even though I strive for originality. I also ride my bikes. Would this ebay item work? Current rims are 26" balloon galvanized (not chrome) single step 36 spoke. Rear sprocket is 20 cog. In addition, I carelessly removed the guts from the rear New Departure hub and spilled the million parts all over the place.Thanks for any tips or advice.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=122086285858

100_3440.JPG
100_3439.JPG

I can't tell if the front hub is chrome plated but the rear hub shell, spokes, and rims look like they're zinc plated?
This would be a fairly cheap and easy wheelset to restore, all those parts could be replated and it wouldn't be nearly as expensive as chrome plating.
If the front hub is chrome plated it might clean up well enough to use after the spokes and rims are done.
Heck, all the parts might clean up well enough!

Back