When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question, did any bicycles come with a tachometer?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HEMI426

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Looking thru some junk today I found what looks to be a pedal tachometer. It starts at 30 and goes to 70 RPM (Rotations Per Minute). It says Pedal RPM, and has a bracket on it like it went in a guage panel. Maybe someone knows about these. I've never seen one before, thanks if you can help and thanks if you can't. A speedo would start at 0 and be MPH.

20211106_162209.jpg

20211106_162232.jpg

20211106_162809.jpg

I'm still confused how this worked, on an exercise bike the wheel does not freewheel so each pedal rotation is equal to wheel rotation. The sending unit (cable) could be hooked to the wheel hub to count pedal RPM. But the 1552.3 on the guage is that miles, I give up my brain is tired.

Did some higher-level math and figure that the middle range 50 rpm on one of my bikes might equate to about ~9 mph.

Perhaps on an exercise bike, with different gearing and wheels and resistance, etc., the rpm’s might have been a better measure of one’s workout performance level.

But modern machines might measure heart rate instead?

Last edited:
Back