When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question: KLAXON 6v auto horn & 6v battery in tube- works on Bike??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

popawheelie

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey fellow bicyclists, I need an experienced opinion. I want to use a 6 volt Klaxon auto horn on my bicycle using a 6volt bike battery in a 3" battery tube.

Will it work, or is it impossible to use a Car horn on a bike, using the battery you install in a 3" diam battery tube?

I have the battery tube, and am wondering if this will work out.......who is in the know?

Mike email is a great way to contact me: [email protected]

Car and motorcycle horns draw a lot of amps, and a regular battery doesn't have the oomph to really make the horn work- I can get a pathetic bleat out of a sharp looking chrome motorcycle pancake horn, and no action at all from a car horn. Instead of a regular 6v battery, maybe use several sets of 4 alkaline D cells wired in parallel will give you enough amps run the horn. Find out what the horn draws if possible and work from there. There's plenty of room in a can built for a No.6 battery!

Car and motorcycle horns draw a lot of amps, and a regular battery doesn't have the oomph to really make the horn work- I can get a pathetic bleat out of a sharp looking chrome motorcycle pancake horn, and no action at all from a car horn. Instead of a regular 6v battery, maybe use several sets of 4 alkaline D cells wired in parallel will give you enough amps run the horn. Find out what the horn draws if possible and work from there. There's plenty of room in a can built for a No.6 battery!

Thank you Andrew for your assistance, you've been a big help. I've been concerned that the horn will look nice but not be operational.
Mike

Back