When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question

-
Like firearms,bike collecting is tough on the younger collectors raising families,buying homes,etc. I think the "good" stuff will always bring in good money but is being bought by the older [senior] collectors that have money. I see the current trend of younger people paying big bucks is in BMX bikes.These are the bikes the younger collectors rode as kids,not old ballooners.

My theory to bikes not really selling is people already have there collections made up and unless its something super rare or cool its kinda hard for it to find a home if its at retail and the buyer can’t make a easy profit. The prewar, nice conditon tank bikes will always be worth something but 50’s schwinns with no deluxe features and in average condition seem to be at a low.
I'm not buying like I used to because I'm pretty satisfied with what I already have, like John said.

I'm not buying like I used to because I'm pretty satisfied with what I already have, like John said.
I think we become more selective the longer we have been in the hobby.Quality over quantity comes into play. No room for "space taker" bikes. I dont look as hard for bikes anymore or buy like I used to. I still like finding a nice old bike but dont get cut throat like my younger days. I go to shows to talk to old friends and usually buy very little.

Yeah, the vintage BMX market is on fire.
I’m totally out of the loop on that one, but I’ve seen some staggering results for the Cook Bros. stuff.
I get it though.
The guys just want the bike they either had, or always wanted, but never had.
There’s a pretty strong contingent of enthusiasts out here for that stuff.

That was nice
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=254275055231

BIN $199

1563060888413.png

My theory to bikes not really selling is people already have there collections made up and unless its something super rare or cool its kinda hard for it to find a home if its at retail and the buyer can’t make a easy profit. The prewar, nice conditon tank bikes will always be worth something but 50’s schwinns with no deluxe features and in average condition seem to be at a low.
I agree! I bought a hornet with no tank and junk delta ray for $75.00 after talking the guy down from his asking price of $100.00. I got a fair deal. I think bike prices are way down right now. I have a nice Roadmaster moutain bike on c/l for $35.00. no takers. People would rather piss away $100.00+ for a GARBAGE bike at Wallys than buy a classic vintage bike for less money . They don't know or want QUALITY!! Razin.

IS IT JUST ME?????????? it seems like prices on bicycles & parts are coming way down .... i see a lot of bike,s and part,s not selling --- reduced and still not selling.... what do you guy,s thinking... is it a low in the bike hobby or is the bottom going to fall out ?????? let,s hear some thoughts...................................
Went to a car show swap meet in Iola Wisconsin and sold 4 mountain bikes to my buddy for $20.00. Bought a seat for my o.c. chopper for $30.00. I also saw some bikes he had for sale. He was asking $90.00 for a non complete west coast chopper. No sale. He had a nice Lighting Flyer that i almost bought for $90.00. It was a nice girls bike. I took a hit on the bikes i sold him, So i passed on the Flyer. I"ll hit him up in 2 weeks. Probably get it for $50.00 or less. It's what ever the market will bear. Happy buyer beware. Razin.

Back