When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Handle Bar Hoarder

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
IS IT JUST ME?????????? it seems like prices on bicycles & parts are coming way down .... i see a lot of bike,s and part,s not selling --- reduced and still not selling.... what do you guy,s thinking... is it a low in the bike hobby or is the bottom going to fall out ?????? let,s hear some thoughts...................................

I had a conversation with a small Texas bike shop owner last Monday. He didn’t paint a very rosy picture. Basically saying that small shops are destined to close due to online sales, Amazon, EBay, Marketplace and the mega brand name shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mid range ballooners used to sell well here 10 yrs ago,now no body responds ,i flip bikes to have money for my bike building and to supplement social security,had a phantom on about a year,finally parted it,had a used raleigh hybrid advertised yesterday,had 11 buyers in 15 min,sold right away,it sure isnt what it used 2b at all,alot of ppl buy wally bikes,ride em less than 5 times and then list em for sale for 1/3rd of what they paid,just saw a wally schwinn aerovane listed as ridden 5 times for $40bet it doesnt sell,unless someone wants the wheel set for a build

My theory to bikes not really selling is people already have there collections made up and unless its something super rare or cool its kinda hard for it to find a home if its at retail and the buyer can’t make a easy profit. The prewar, nice conditon tank bikes will always be worth something but 50’s schwinns with no deluxe features and in average condition seem to be at a low.

@HANDLE BAR HORDER … is your question directed toward
those bicycles and parts that are made available to the consumer
who is looking for two-wheel transportation / recreation …..

or ….. is your question directed toward those consumers who buy -
collect - sell or trade the classic and/or antique stuff ?

….. patric
buy collect sell __ trade classic antique stuff

buy collect sell __ trade classic antique stuff

@HANDLE BAR HORDER … my take on what appears to be
a slight pause in the classic and antique bicycle market ..
regarding purchases … well .. this is nearly the middle of
Summer -- many collectors are associated with their family --
and many families have Summer vacation plans that require funding -----

Bicycles and parts may be put ON HOLD -- and that family Summer
vacation WILL HAPPEN …….

If the spouse ain't happy … and the kids ain't happy … AIN'T NOBODY BE HAPPY.

….. patric

Last edited:
I don’t know, a 37 Roadmaster Supreme, sold recently for $20,000.00 and I just saw a Schwinn Fender Bomb sell here in the classifieds, for $775.00
A nice wheelset sold for $500 here yesterday, so I think things are still moving strong.
A 30s era canvas Schwinn parts bag just sold on eBay for a little over $100 bucks, and a New Departure shop apron just went for close to $400
Pretty crazy money, but those were all very desirable items.
It’s a fickle market for sure, but the good stuff still seems to sell well.

Back