When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question

-
Yep. There’s a Change coming now ....most old people don’t collect anymore they have everything the want are starting to down size.. younger gens don’t care much for collecting hoards and usually don’t have the means too. The rust and original nazis are actually killing the restored market and prices are dropping.. access to anything you want is easy with the internet so one can wait till another one shows up at a lower price.... rare always command value but is limited to less of a crowd... lots of things are dropping value fast in the antiques business and vintage cars...this I feel is the new trend...

old stuff does not have the value it used to. watch the Antiques Roadshow when they have older shows on, then at the end after showing the price from 1999 they show the current value and very few things have gained much value in the last 20 years, many times the price has even gone down

You're missing the point. That bike is the real deal, not a garbage Pacific cycle turd as you seem to think. It was an absolute bargain, even with the shipping. That was not an asking price, that is what the bike actually sold for. It's easily a $1500 plus bike.
Good for you!! You can pay YOUR 1500 all day. I would rather build an old one MYSELF and spend way less than you will and i get the satisfaction of doing it MYSELF> YOU? Not so much.

I have an auctioneer friend and he says the worst months to sell something are those that start with a "J". January because people are recovering from Christmas and June and July because those are family vacation months. Average stuff will always take time to sell but the good stuff just keeps moving! V/r Shawn

I agree Shawn. Myself coming from years in the antique and auction service business. December, January, and summer did suck mostly. Early antiques ( late 1700's-1870's) did well no matter what time of year.

Good for you!! You can pay YOUR 1500 all day. I would rather build an old one MYSELF and spend way less than you will and i get the satisfaction of doing it MYSELF> YOU? Not so much.

Must you start an argument everytime you disagree with someone. Just because you dont see the value doesn’t mean theres no value at all and that it should be a tin can.

Back