When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions on Ross Apollos

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BkBike

On Training Wheels
A year ago i caught a bug to hunt down my childhood ride. It was '76 or '77 and dad picked up a brown Apollo, stripped it, and painted it green. IDK if either I/he didn't like it, or it was 🔥. LoL All i remember, coaster brake, and the reflector on the seat. My best friend had a 5Sp that i envied.

Over the last year I've acquired:
Avocado '76 Racer, Cognac? '78 3Sp, & '82 Black 5 Sp with shimano crank. All in pretty good condition.
I've knocked off tremendous rust on the racer, and she gleams in sunlight.
Not sure what direction on the other 2.
I don't know enough, and see so many variations, and there's not one source that has all info...so here goes
1-Chain disc vs Chain Guard what years? I've seen some with orange peaking thru discs
2-Seat/Saddle - years that colors avail, do all have yellow or red strap? What color piping? Year of the wet vinyl pleated , also when was built in reflector?
3- ive seen later 5 speeds with yellow or red decals
4- gran tour tires, slicks, bmx knobby, white walls, and even gumwall. Are there period correct tires available?
5- Last may be preference. Brake cable casings that yellow/oxidize. Do you
leave as is?. I feel white is too bright & black may fit the bill.
I remember seeing red or yellow cables back then, but not many today.
Thanks in advance for your help.
I ask for not only what i have, but future bikes i will acquire.

Back