When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QUICK OPINIONS ON A MERCURY PACEMAKER

-

all riders

Finally riding a big boys bike
This has come up for sale near me and, of course, I like it. Before you jump on the wheels and sprocket--the originals are included(work needed) The fenders are the correct ones with the pinched ends, the chaingaurd is right, and frame is said to be without rust or cracks. My question--is $385 crazy good, good , fair what do you think

Not surprised, the guy is from Conroe (maybe Dallas area now). I have a feeling I won't see one at that price for a while, but I have 2 projects going right now and having trouble pulling the trigger

Not surprised, the guy is from Conroe (maybe Dallas area now). I have a feeling I won't see one at that price for a while, but I have 2 projects going right now and having trouble pulling the trigger
I also have too many projects otherwise I’d jump on it for a rider project. I like the frame lines on those.

Correct Mercury Pacemaker fenders are smooth on their rear ends. Elgin fenders are pinched on their rear ends.

The seller is a good friend of mine and a really good guy. He moved to Dallas recently but still comes around Conroe i believe. This bike was pieced together to be a rider so its not 100% correct but ive seen it in person and its a hell of a good start to a beautiful bike.

Correct Mercury Pacemaker fenders are smooth on their rear ends. Elgin fenders are pinched on their rear ends.
I know very little about them. that said, every picture of them I've seen on here has the Elgin style fenders and someone who appears to be a resident expert on them wrote extensively to member Manuevilla that the "Elgin" fenders are correct for the Pacemakers--in his words-" no one knows why"

If I was local & needed or wanted another project I damn sure wouldn't pass up a loop tail rider; those frames are jus' "Grooovy" baby ! In the voice of Austin Powers

As long as you are satisfied riding it pretty much as is you’d be ok. The money parts-shroud and tank are not easy or cheap. Even the repo stuff will set you back a few$$. V/r Shawn

It depends on the year, 1st yr or 2 had Murry/Mercury specific fenders ( non pinched ) and the last yr or 2 had the Murry/Elgin fenders, you have to look close but you can see the difference on the coulpe that has been for sale here latly, other than that rack & sprocket not Mercury so basically your getting frame, fork, guard and maybe fenders and as said the money parts-shroud and tank are not there so I guess it depends on what your trying to do.

Back