When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick Turnover

-

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Was at the Arlington Heights swap and seen this old fellow wheeling around this Hiawatha. He asked several people if they wanted it and was turned down. The bike was very clean and had a seat cover on the saddle. That caught my eye so I asked him about the bike. He said make me an offer. I said I'll give you a$150 for it and he said "Fine." After I paid him I removed the cover and look what was under it.... The saddle was in great condition! Candi, the bike lady from "Twin's Treasures" was behind me when I removed the saddle cover.. I said, "You want a real deal? I'll sell you this bike, less the saddle for $125.
As you can see, she got a supper deal on a clean bike and I got a great saddle for $25. Was a good day at the swap.
IMG_2701.JPG

IMG_2702.JPG

Look at this bike, 150 bucks, the guy was happy with the 150. This bike would have ended up on the curb fo:(r the scrapper.
IMG_2666.JPG

Is that a knife she has on her belt?.......

Nice find and a great deal!
What is that chrome piece between the talk haves of the Columba in the top photo?

BART

Nice find and a great deal!
What is that chrome piece between the talk haves of the Columba in the top photo?
IMG_2118 (1).JPG

IMG_2116.JPG

The above bike is an original 52 I sold last year, with the chrome piece.

Man, you don't miss a thing. The deluxe Columbia 5 Stars had that piece of plated metal on the top bar held between the two tank halves. I am making a rat rod out of it, adding a Evans/Colson springer.
IMG_2628.JPG

It's going to look good.

Back