When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RACYCLE madness- my first post

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is a shot of Lawrence picking up his new 100 year old Racycle from Blue's garage last week. We are both very excited. The bike was originally midnight blue and he has decided to re-paint it its original color. Its going to be spectacular! Now you get a free Racycle t-shirt- yay.

GEDC2524-1.jpg

Here's an old picture. Russia, St. Peterburg, 1906. Not Racycl, but also interesting :)

sv103935.jpg

Great collection! I've had my Racycle since 1987, It had the one piece bent wood handlebars you mentioned and I hope to get them back someday, they got left with an old roommate when I moved! He says he still has them and just has to dig them out of his storage. One thing that seems pretty different is mine has a rear suspension similar to much newer bikes although it's very old and looks original to the frame, is anyone familiar with this? Also, my front wheel was replaced with a steel rim, any idea where I might find a wood rim. I'm sure the saddle on mine isn't original either but, it's still a very cool bike!

Mine is a fixed gear and I did ride it on the street when I lived in Boston, ONCE...that was enough, it was fast and scared the hell out of me!

I just did a image search and found images of a racycle with the rear suspension but mine also has the springer fork the same as the one you have pictured on yours with the wood bars... Also, it seems to read that the racycle pictured with the rear suspension was made in Berlin On.? Mine was made by the Miami Cycle co. Unfortunately, I don't have immediate access to mine, but I will take pics of it the next chance I get.

Last edited:
Hi Blue,

GREAT LOOKING COLLECTION YOU HAVE !!!! YOU ARE A SERIOUS COLLECTOR !!!!

I'm the guy that sold you the green RACYCLE frame for restoration last February 24, 2011 out of Wisconsin.
I'm not sure if it's one of the bicycles you have in the photo's or not. It's hard to tell with so many nice bikes.
Anyway, it was sold to someone that totally appreciates Racycles.

I am also new to this forum, willswares1220

Future restoration....

I am about to have everything I need for my restoration. I am going with two sets of wheels for this project; modern wood wheels from Wheelfanatyk, with tubes and cream 700 x 40c tires for actual riding. My old set for show is a matching set of og G & J wheels, NOS Torrington spoke set, and Universal white solid type tires. I found the correct roadster chain ring, and I have a block chain. These bikes are like a fine wine. They take time.

Stay tuned........

Wow Blue!!!

What a beautiful and artistic statement. Welcome and thank you for posting the pictures of your special bikes.
Tommy

Thanks Blue!

I just had a great conversation with Blue about my Racycle, I'll get some good pictures of it up when I can, Blue helped clarify a lot of odd things about mine, still have some more research to do on it but I've had this bike for about 25 years and couldn't find anything for many of those years! Blue just provided me with more info than I've found in the whole 25 years prior! Because of the CABE and members like Blue who are happy to help out those of us who need it, I've been more charged up about my Racycle than I have been in years!

Back