When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Racycle Stamp

-
I’ll take a look at my images to figure out how I came up with the script for “The”.... something else to keep in mind, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if there were numerous stamps that were similar for the seats, I have seen images of at least two that were similar but different. I know Miami had two different versions of the self oiling headbadge, haven’t been able to nail down exactly when the change was made but there were at least two ( you have to look really close!

Hey Carleton, the griffin you’re referring to... are you thinking the logo in the headbadge is a griffin?

Yeah, I thought the creature was a griffin? But since you brought it to my attention, I can clearly see it's just an ugly bird sitting on a crown! My bad, LOL

Last edited:
Attached are 4 stamps, the white dotted line is just above the actual leather’s score line. I included it as a reference to the placement of the Maltese cross. Note the top pic right side, how the score cuts off the top of the triangle. But the bottom left pic, the cross floats nicely in the space. Suggesting either the stamp or the leather blanks were increased or reduced over the years?

The large Troxel Eagle Climax, was the preferred choice for the Racycle saddles with its large and distinctive 4 coil loop in the front. Below are four Racycle saddles with different side rails & springs. Note #3 does not have the large 4 coil loop in front and has a basic Troxel side rail.

Last edited:
No biggie, thought maybe I was thinking wrong all this time and you had found something I missed! Lol.... ahh the mysteries of Miami Cycle Co.!

Fordsnake, I think this latest interpretation is the answer you have been looking for. It makes sense now. From what I see on my Racycle saddle, it all fits together and matches up. I think you got it!

Mike, whatever you can share would be greatly appreciated. I just need a photo with good detail of the stamp?

Last edited:
Back