When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

radball bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kccomet

I live for the CABE
posted this on the show and tell today. radball,is like soccer played on bikes. does anyone know anything about these bikes, or have one. i know they still make them. this could be called a trick or circus bike but i think it was built for radball.from what little ive read the sport goes back a hundred years and is mostly played in europe. this one i believe is german and looks fairly old.i guess you move the ball with the front wheel, which riding on the back wheel you could spin the fork and get some velocity for a shot. i seldom ride any of my bikes....gasp, but i might put some tubes in this one and see if i can break a hip or maybe a collarbone. the bike pedals foward and backward, with the super tight geometry and the seat over the rear wheel, it would be a real wheelie machine. im curious on the age or any information on this paticular bike.....thanks

radball 001.JPG

radball 002.JPG

radball 003.JPG

radball 004.JPG

radball 005.JPG

I believe that the bike you have Jim is a RADBALL bike because of the way the seat is located.

The circus bikes ( or artistic bikes ) had the seat straight out of the seat tube on top.

The RADBALL bikes had the seat post facing the rear with the seat as far back over the rear wheel as they would like it.

It's a very rare and interesting machine and I would guess it to be around 1920 or maybe 30's.

Here's one I wanted to buy from Howie Cohen many years ago and it never happened ( Brennabor )

L1110171.JPG
L1110172.JPG
L1110174.JPG

Here's a great room displaying a couple of these bikes. ( pulled from the web )

Radball bike.jpg

This one was on LFGSS for sale

d6aa53c30bd6bfa3c069fba36e8e1f9cd8b3fab2.JPG

We used to play "tray soccer" on our bmx bikes using stolen McDonald's trays.

Great fun washing out the front wheel when it locks up on a slippery piece of plastic under it...

Back