When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiant red fifty-six year old fork steertube takes a quick peek outside....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikepaulie

Finally riding a big boys bike
June 1963 Schwinn Varsity radiant red fork headstock steertube hasn’t seen the light of day in fifty-six years. Can you imagine seeing a frame this color sitting on a bike shop showroom floor?! #swoon

40A47C84-C215-462C-8C5C-2B80CCA17561.jpeg

Last edited:
One of my favorite things about tearing down an old bike is pulling the fork and looking at the original undisturbed paint on the "steertube".
The Opalescent colors were introduced in the mid 50's and I'm betting that sent people into a bike buying frenzy.

More steertubes that have been kept in the dark for decades. Opal and Radiant Green

Green 57 and 61 Forks 004 (Medium).jpg

One of my favorite things about tearing down an old bike is pulling the fork and looking at the original undisturbed paint on the "steertube".
The Opalescent colors were introduced in the mid 50's and I'm betting that sent people into a bike buying frenzy.

More steertubes that have been kept in the dark for decades. Opal and Radiant Green

View attachment 950652

Beautiful greens! I’m matching the frame with red Bull Shot bearing grease for bonus points to make up for my fumbling terminology....

Back