When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiobike Antennas Update

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In late Sept. my wiring arrived, but my attention was devoted entirely to getting both of my bikes finished. Anyone who followed my build thread knows where my blue one is right now. The red one is completely finished. I had a lot of things to deal with this past month and have not had a chance to even start winding my copper wires. I have had a funeral, a medical emergency with a loved one, a family trip, another trip this weekend, and more family matters every weekend I come home. That's life eh?

I will be making special trips, an hour and a half each way, back to where my tools and shop are, to wrap this stuff up. Tired of things not getting done.

After my tank bracket is finished for another member, I am going to wrap up building my antennas again. If you want me to build one for you, let me know. I PLAN TO BUILD 25 OF THESE ON FIRST RUN once I have proven that they work like the originals. I have not priced them yet, but I would except them to be in the neighborhood of $200-$300 shipped. They would come with the housing, plugs, bracket, and correct color wire leads to solder into the tank for a seamless installation. If you have the antenna core, I will also offer the outer housing and the bracket separately to repair what you have.

Not a bad deal, considering buying a parts tank or bike can run much more than that, and involve time in hunting for parts. Having your bike's radio working greatly increases interest and value. If you bring your Radiobike to a show, it will be a better hit if people can hear it work. Otherwise, the radio is just for decoration.

I will set a goal for myself, to have this DONE by no later than Nov 20. The prototype will be done, tested, and working. If that goes well, and nothing needs to change in the design or materials, I will begin making the first production run of 25 antennas and hope to have those done by Dec. 4.

Hopefully, this should answer any inquiries about the progress. I am thrilled and highly motivated to bring more these classics back to working order.

photos-from-the-museum-jpg.jpg

coffee-jpg.jpg

05e6bd7d356f0a2b33234a9338d09c72.jpg

Last edited:
Put ME on the list Please.Great to hear I'm in need of one hopefully I will be able to have it for Xmas
Greg

Last edited:
I currently have the antenna housings and brackets ready for sale, have not gotten the actual antenna to work yet. I think my wiring is to blame. I also have been delayed because I lost my focus due to a some serious family problems. Two loved ones in the hospital suddenly, one a grandparent and the other a cousin. I am a week behind. I tested the antenna earlier this week.

The only difference between the original housing and the new housing, is the original was made of a long-discontinued material. The new housing is PVC tube, and comes to me in a slightly-translucent state. It is painted white to look like the original did when new. It fits the antenna really snug!

The brackets are hand-made. The originals were either zinc or galvanized. Due to the cost of plating, the new brackets will still be bare metal, but I will have them clear coated to prevent rust. The clear coat will be matte, no gloss.

Will have the ad for it posted Saturday night. I HAVE PLENTY OF PARTS AVAILABLE

Last edited:
Another update:

I have received a proof from my new supplier for the tank labels. They look great, but I requested some changes. Once I get the second proof back, I will sign off on production.

I currently have the antenna housings and brackets ready for sale, have not gotten the actual antenna to work yet. I think my wiring is to blame. I also have been delayed because I lost my focus due to a some serious family problems. Two loved ones in the hospital suddenly, one a grandparent and the other a cousin. I am a week behind. I tested the antenna earlier this week.

The only difference between the original housing and the new housing, is the original was made of a long-discontinued material. The new housing is PVC tube, and comes to me in a slightly-translucent state. It is painted white to look like the original did when new. It fits the antenna really snug!

The brackets are hand-made. The originals were either zinc or galvanized. Due to the cost of plating, the new brackets will still be bare metal, but I will have them clear coated to prevent rust. The clear coat will be matte, no gloss.

Will have the ad for it posted Saturday night. I HAVE PLENTY OF PARTS AVAILABLE

send me pictures

@partsguy

ETA for labels is December 18th. See my post in the CLASSIFIEDS for info. Also, antenna brackets are ready to go. I can start shipping those as early as this weekend.

Radiobike ad.png

Back