When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Blue Streak

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Who wouldn't want to ride around on a rocket!
Every boy in the world at that time I'm thinking.

As the catalogue image above shows, it was available for the U.S. market from 1962.
A lower price and specification than the top of the range 'Gran Sport' model.
Here are the 1963 price list and spec sheets for the U.S.A.....
Screenshot_20220825-092503_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220825-092533_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220825-092547_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220825-092604_Chrome.jpg

...was that a good price for you guys in 1963?

Next available info over here is the 1968 U.S.A. price list, by which time the 'Blue Streak' was no longer available.....
Screenshot_20220825-095322_Chrome.jpg

...so, basically an entry level sports model aimed at the teens (and upwards) market from 1962 to 1967 (at the latest).
Looks to be in nice condition.

(Images from V-CC library).

Last edited:
I remember seeing them around in the early-mid sixties.
I've always liked that dark blue with the silver paint.
I put color matching handlebar tape on mine.
Wish I could find a set of the original fenders.
Considering that it's "just" high tensile steel, it has a very nice ride quality to it.
Considerably better than Schwinn's fillet brazed chrome-moly models IMHO, which were similarly priced.

Who wouldn't want to ride around on a rocket!
Every boy in the world at that time I'm thinking.

As the catalogue image above shows, it was available for the U.S. market from 1962.
A lower price and specification than the top of the range 'Gran Sport' model.
Here are the 1963 price list and spec sheets for the U.S.A.....
View attachment 1685112

View attachment 1685113

View attachment 1685114

View attachment 1685115

...was that a good price for you guys in 1963?

Next available info over here is the 1968 U.S.A. price list, by which time the 'Blue Streak' was no longer available.....
View attachment 1685123

...so, basically an entry level sports model aimed at the teens (and upwards) market from 1962 to 1967 (at the latest).
Looks to be in nice condition.

(Images from V-CC library).
Scary that one had to pay more for the TCW than the AW...

I think it's noteworthy that both the '62 Gran Sport and Blue Streak used Raleigh Hi-Ten steel.
Lugs, fork crown look the same.
Components, and decals are different.
Raleigh must have been putting all their Reynolds eggs in the newly-acquired Carlton basket, and keeping Carlton sales strong.
New boss TI may have also made the choice to head Raleigh in this direction to promote Carlton.
Latest yard sale find. I think it is a 1962 Serial number is on bottom bracket RA 92XX.Looks all original except saddle I have an old Brooks to put on and tires. Its dirty and has faded paint. Tried to clean some chrome and it came out good. Its my winter project to take apart and clean and polish. 23 1/2" frame

View attachment 1691270

View attachment 1691279
A very different line-up than the Lentons of the '50s, and the models that took them into the bike boom at the back half of the 60s.

Last edited:
Hi
I have owned a Raleigh Blue Streak. The story I got was Britian was thrilled to have/obtain a ballistic missile named Blue Streak and I guess the whole country got behind it. Raleigh jumped on the idea and came out with their "Blue Streak" model. The bike only lasted a brief time. It took some time to get the bike into production. By the time it reached the market, the ballistic missile ("Blue Streak") had become more or less obsolete so I guess the air was let out of the balloon as far as the bikes popularity. Thus the low production. At least that's the story I got when I bought mine. Chuck Hughes Westwood Ma

The Blue Streak had the frame damaged, so it was made parts.

I made a visit to the local Bike Co-op today and found another one, cheap, so I got it.
It's missing the seat, fenders and lamp, the rear derailleur and brake levers are replacements, but the rest is there, and it looks to be free of damages.
I will post pictures soon.
Serial number: RA 15674.
Should be a 1961 production?

Last edited:
-----

tip -

the missing false acorn on the Gripfast seat binder is Whitworth dimension

-----

Back