When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Camelback help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

izee2

Finally riding a big boys bike
Need a little help. I was asked by a customer to help id a bike. I know little to nothing about Raleigh bikes. I haven’t seen the bike in person just a couple of cell phone pics that are a bit rough. I do apologize for the pics but that’s how I got them. Any info as to the model, age etc would be appreciated.
d6ab94e97b83f4ce28aa78c62d5bf06c.jpg

3b763803e72d0c4eccc349407c2b66cd.jpg

Thanks
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, the first photo is of the chain guard that came from the bike in the second photo.

If it has 26" wheels, the camel-back frame was the "Colt". 24" inch wheels were used on the "Space Rider". Here's a link to the catalog on the Retro Raleighs web site: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/retroraleighs/catalogs/1969/index.htm
There's a year/month stamped on the rear hub, which is a good guide to the year of the bike, as long as the stamp is clear and the rear wheel is original.

Thanks for the info! How are these bike as riders? Any value to them? Think he has 40-50 bucks into it.

Cool bike well built better for smaller rider no current approximate value exists maybe someday maybe not

Thanks for the info! How are these bike as riders? Any value to them? Think he has 40-50 bucks into it.

Looks like it is garage kept and original...if it has a 26" wheel in certain markets it could bring $150..maybe more. Interesting style and placement of wheel reflectors...

From the pictures it looks pretty clean, so at 40-50 bucks I'd say he's ahead of the game. I'm with @bikemonkey, cleaned up it could fetch $150.00, maybe more depending on the local market. The value of an old Raleigh seems to vary a good deal depending on which part of the country you're in.

Thanks again. I appreciate all the info!!!

Back