When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Canadian ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ZZ3Malibu

Finally riding a big boys bike
Can anyone give me any info on this bike, Couldnt find any on the net about it. Serial number on BB is 6619 no letters or other numbers on the bike.
GEDC00062.JPG
GEDC00072.jpg
GEDC00092.JPG
GEDC00102.JPG
GEDC00162.JPG

Raleigh did make some bikes in Canada. They also had a few factories in other countries like england (obviously) and new zealand.
The frame shape is called a "camel back". I have found they are a little harder to find than the daimond frames. Looking up a camel back might help your search. :)

I would agree with all of what the second poster said. My one problem with camel back frames is they were made so they could have a very short seat tube which means they are for short riders. I had one but at 6 feet tall there was no way I could ride it. Roger

I would agree with all of what the second poster said. My one problem with camel back frames is they were made so they could have a very short seat tube which means they are for short riders. I had one but at 6 feet tall there was no way I could ride it. Roger

That would be fine for me, I am 5' 2". lol

Don't know much about these but thats a really nice Raleigh with beautiful paint!!!!! Hope you get her back on the road.

For a fact Raleigh had a fac tory in Canada, mostly British components though..........heres my 1959 ladies Raleigh 3 speed, badged as an Eatons Glider.

Attachments

• eatons 003.jpg
    eatons 003.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 244
  • eatons 001.jpg
    eatons 001.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 218
I had taken the rear wheel off this bike when i got it . Never paid any attention to the size. So last night i found the wheel its a 28 x 1 1/2 single speed coaster. Looks like a drop center rim. Does anyone have a front wheel like this type? Will post pics of the rim later

Is there a bead seat diameter listed on that tire? In England, 28x1 1/2" tires have a 635mm bead seat diameter. In Canada, 28x1 1/2" tires have a 622mm BSD. An English bike made in Canada could be either, I guess. Look closely at the tire and see if either of those numbers come up. If not, hold it up next to a modern "700" wheel. If the rim is the same diameter then it's the smaller size, which is kinda nice cause most modern hybrid bikes use that size and it's easy to get. The bigger ones aren't hard to get but the selection isn't as nice.
Never seen a 28" camel back myself. Very interesting. What's the seat tube length?

Seat tube is 20 inches, The rear tire is a Dunlop Champion 28 x 1 1/2 made in Britain for F25 rim. With no MM spec that i could find. The hub is Reslion coaster brake single speed.

Back