When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Carlton Super Course...just brought it home!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Well, its been a while since I've gotten a great deal on a bike my size (well, since the Panasonic DX-4000), and today was my day to get a great one!

I just happened upon a listing on Facebook that was 32 minutes old, and was less than a half hour from my house. I was the first to contact the very nice seller named Bill, telling him I could leave my house immediately to come and get it if he was home (which he was). He was waiting outside his house for me, and had just done a quick wipe-down of the bike. He was the original owner, purchasing the bike while in college in Florida. He kept it safe and sound and took care of it all these years, but figured it was time to let it go. I told him about my bikes, etc., and he said he was happy it was going to me and would be taken care of.

I still can't believe the condition it's in,I LOVE the color, and I'm going to assume it's from 1979 or so. He thinks he bought it in the early 80's, but the front hub shows 79 if that's accurate. You can please let me know when you can.

Drum Roll please.....I paid $60 for it...his asking price...because he wanted a quick sale... :tonguewink: Tons of "as brought home" photos to see. I'm still pinching myself.

Absolutely gorgeous bike Harpo!! Raleighs from that era are hard to beat imho. Nice history on it to. Can’t wait to see the meticulous clean up you always do on your projects. Congrats on a great score and addition to your collection.

Very nice Raleigh! Should clean up nicely. Looks to only be a bit of dirt and grease. Came with the new tires and seat? Either way a great deal. Have fun!

Very nice Raleigh! Should clean up nicely. Looks to only be a bit of dirt and grease. Came with the new tires and seat? Either way a great deal. Have fun!

Yup...as you see it is as I purchased it. Kind of large at 32, should have been 25 I would assume.

Back