When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh delivery bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

locomotion

Cruisin' on my 1897 Comet
Any Raleigh gurus here?

Not a Raleigh guy myself, but would like to know if anyone can date my Raleigh Delivery!

DSC09148.JPG
DSC09149.JPG
DSC09150.JPG
DSC09151.JPG
DSC09152.JPG

Now, why can't I find one of those at this end of the country? Can't help, but I can lust after it just the same.

Ahh, but the stereo for the tweed ride playlist goes in the basket. Bigger is better[emoji106]

it's hard to believe that this bike ever worked or stayed outside, there is no rust anywhere
and the chrome is perfect

Wow, That is Cool! Only the second one of them I've seen a picture of. Sent the photo link to a friend who is pretty knowledgible on Ralieghs.
REC

Wow, That is Cool! Only the second one of them I've seen a picture of. Sent the photo link to a friend who is pretty knowledgible on Ralieghs.
REC
if you can ask your friend if he can put a date on it

I got a note back this afternoon - He said it looks like 50s or early 60s based on the rear reflector and pedals. He also said they were made for decades with very few changes, and he had not seen one advertised on this side of the pond, usually in England. He thought it was very cool too. I think it was his picture of one that I had seen.

REC

they are actually pretty common in Eastern Canada, they often come up for sale here on various local sites for $300-$350 Canadian dollars, but very difficult to sell
was able to get $300 CDN (about $230 US) for mine ..... they take too much place
they are also impossible to ship

The hub should have a date code. If it is a Sturmey SC, keep in mind it is a Perry, in disguise, with a modification that allows the use of normal SA sprockets.
I’m thinking that is the wrong chain guard, but, looking at the bolt on seat stays, I suspect the correct version is identical to a DL1. You should be able to come up with that, and it would look 10,000% better, even if it wasn’t correct.
I’m not positive they came with chain guards.

Ted

Back