When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh DL-1 for sale

-
Price
650 obo
Zipcode

ekstarr

On Training Wheels
Hello all! Selling my beloved Raleigh DL-1. I love this bike, but rarely ride and want someone else to enjoy it.

This bike is all original - complete with working Dyno Hub that powers front and rear lights. New, lightly used cream Schwalbe tyres.

Some patina, but nice paint. Some scratches - worst part is the rear fender. Brakes, 3 speed all functional. Chrome is very nice.

Available for viewing and test ride in Los Angeles.

IMG_4944.jpeg

IMG_4945.jpeg

IMG_4946.jpeg

IMG_4947.jpeg

IMG_4948.jpeg

IMG_4949.jpeg

IMG_4950.jpeg

IMG_4951.jpeg

IMG_4952.jpeg

IMG_4953.jpeg

IMG_4954.jpeg

IMG_4955.jpeg

IMG_4957.jpeg

IMG_4958.jpeg

IMG_4959.jpeg

Very nice clean bike. These are excellent riders. I'm estimating the age to the early 70's based on the gold bands on the seat tube and reflectors in the pedals. Good luck with your sale!

Do you switch gears by pulling on the levers near the handlebars? I love this bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you switch gears by pulling on the levers near the handlebars? I love this bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No, the levers are for the rod brakes-a truly ingenious Rube Goldberg kinda contraption that will eventually slow the bike down. The gears are shifted by the 3 speed trigger mechanism near the right hand grip.

Awww. Cool. I did not notice the shifter. I remember Sydney Chambers rides one like that on the show, “Grantchester.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back