When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh in the springs

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloonoob

I live for the CABE
So I don't know anything about Raleigh bicycles but this one looks impressively complete and old. How old is this one? Is that a kerosene light? I have seen these brakes on super old bikes as well.... When did Raleigh quit using these? It's not something that i will be trying to purchase but if this were my "cup of tea" this seems like a good candidate. The rims are really bright paint looks clean. Got a nice bag on it. Good lighting and generator and rack. Thoughts? https://cosprings.craigslist.org/bik/d/colorado-springs-vintage-bicycle/6983674853.html

00F0F_4wFrehXkKY3_600x450-1.jpg

Raleigh Tourist. Missing chainguard, wrong seat, grips & chainring but looks to be in great shape. Also referred to as "Bobby Bikes" due to the British police riding them. They made these for a loooong time. I have an all original '77. Great riding bikes for today's larger humans!

Raleigh Tourist. Missing chainguard, wrong seat, grips & chainring but looks to be in great shape. Also referred to as "Bobby Bikes" due to the British police riding them. They made these for a loooong time. I have an all original '77. Great riding bikes for today's larger humans!
Not a bleemin' bloomin' Bobby bike!!! Is this one 70s as well? Ohhh. It's a Hercules chainring.

I don't recall seeing one of these with the rear carrier either. Not saying it's incorrect or anything, just haven't seen it before on a Raleigh with 28" tires. Pretty cool bike.

Interesting. Those aren't typical DL-1 bars. And why are they painted silver? Rear brake hardware also appears to incomplete. These don't sell all that well when they come up for sale, so waiting for a better/more complete example would be worth it.

Last edited:
Back