When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Lenton Marque III, 1950

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

juvela

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
-----

Raleigh Lenton Marque III  a)  .jpg

Raleigh Lenton Marque III  b)  .jpg

Raleigh Lenton Marque III  c)  .jpg

Cool old Raleigh

Cranks a bit out of registration. :smiley:

-----

Last edited:
Quite nice. As a small aside, took a new Indian roadster, changed hubs, brake pads etc to U.K Sturmey, Fibrax etc. I willed that thing to be as good as a Raleigh, gave up when the frame flexed too much for my liking, flogged it as a pretty piece.

I tracked down the owner, S D bikes, in Rhodes town, to see what else he may have. He said that this one is for sale for 1,000 euros. Just passing it on, l have no affiliation with him. A couple more views.

83FFE282-6597-4324-8DE4-160D31561548.jpeg

74325EBB-EE0F-4938-A2F8-8492D2DCAF81.jpeg

You see many of these twin top-tube models in Greece, often with custom paint; don't know if they have anything to do with the British headbadges they often sport. They do look very Indian or Chinese in origin.

Very cool Raleigh for sure, I have never seen anything like this before from Raleigh.

-----

Wonder if cutout in lamp bracket could be a clue.

It appears to be both irregular and non-representational.

Has anyone viewed such previously?

Perhaps the maker had need of a piece of steel in that shape and did a die to cut it from lamp brackets...

Or may look that way simply because of being poorly done...

-----

Last edited:
Back