When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Record Pedals

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

borgward

Finally riding a big boys bike
1971 Lady's Raleigh Record. 2 different pedals. One on the left is asymmetric. I notice pressure into the ball of my foot. I have to tip the pedal over 180 degrees with my toe so that it feels comfortable. Original to the Record? I am guessing it is made to fit a shoe lug? The right side pedal seems normal. Either side normal for the Raleigh?

Left_Pedal.JPG

Right_Pedal.JPG

-----

left one is a replacement
design is made for use with toeclips
awkward to use without

right one is original

-----

-----

left one is a replacement
design is made for use with toeclips
awkward to use without

right one is original

-----
The left one looks like these, sans the gold plating https://www.ebay.com/itm/275505267847?campid=5335809022. Where to get original style pedal? saw lots of sets w/rubber lugs? on eBay.

Are right and left pedals right hand thread? Do I need pedal specific to the Nervar crank? Do different brands use different thread sies?

Where to get original style pedal? saw lots of sets w/rubber lugs? on eBay.
If you search Rat Trap Pedals on ebay, you'll find new pedals that look just like the original beginning at $20.
The reversible square rat-traps are all steel.
If you plan to ride the bike, This would work just fine and be an improvement over the poor-condition mismatched pedals on it now.

The one-sided touring and period racing pedals made specifically for toe clips have alloy cages.
These are KKT that I bought in 1978 to replace the steel rat traps on my '77 Grand Prix, recycled later on a different project (this is the '57 Lenton frame).
1728041 1728042

Oldest photo I have of that Grand Prix - this is how I rode it through the '80s amd '90s.
If you rode your bike, it was pretty much the norm to improve it.
This has Zeus/Rigida wheelset that changed its nature, and many quality upgrades from stock.
If you didn't ride your bike, people on CABE want it today.
gp1.jpg

Last edited:
Back