When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Record?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Im guessing this is a touring bike? Pretty cool color combo. Any idea on what year it might be? @SirMike1983
56B1B7D3-A29E-4084-98C6-7C2C9507228E.jpeg

A0801267-7A43-4BFB-B10E-DC3B644A3ADE.jpeg

458EC10B-59E1-442C-BF59-789C8C0EAAF2.jpeg

372E4374-0204-4CD8-BD5A-74393F281485.jpeg

CA3958EC-4224-4BDD-A9A3-49D1249BB6F5.jpeg

193E484A-5653-4DEF-B478-0BBD555B4566.jpeg

Last edited:
-----

Thanks very much for posting! :)

Not really "touring" - one might term it "recreation" or "club."

Date near to 1970.

~1971 was final year for these Huret "ponji stick" shift levers.

Rear mech and pedals not original. Original pedals would have either been Raleigh 100 or Union 40U. Original rear mech Huret Allvit.

Somewhat difficult to imagine Raleigh emblem on Bluemels is original, but SirMike is sure to know... ;)

This was the bottom of the line dropbar tenspeed of the time.

Here is the manufacturer's catalogue page for the 1970 model year. You can see that accessories such as mudguards, bottle holder, brake lever hoods and pump holder represent post-manufacture additions:

Raleigh Gran Prix & Record catalogue page 1970  .jpg

-----

Last edited:
-----

Thanks very much for posting! :)

Not really "touring" - one might term it "recreation" or "club."

Date near to 1970.

~1971 was final year for these Huret "ponji stick" shift levers.

Rear mech and pedals not original. Original pedals would have either been Raleigh 100 or Union 40U. Original rear mech Huret Allvit.

Somewhat difficult to imagine Raleigh emblem on Bluemels is original, but SirMike is sure to know... ;)

This was the bottom of the line dropbar tenspeed of the time.

-----
Thanks, really appreciate the info!!

Rollfaster, does yours have a serial number on top of the top tube near the seat post? Possibly a 5 digit number? My BSA does and I think that might make it a 1972. It has those long shift levers, though, so.......

Rollfaster, does yours have a serial number on top of the top tube near the seat post? Possibly a 5 digit number? My BSA does and I think that might make it a 1972. It has those long shift levers, though, so.......
It’s not in my possession, I’ll ask the owner.

Ive not seen before a Record in that Orange color... dont see it in the catalogs I checked either , but its a really nice color

Also the tubular crown with hubcap looing side plus id seen on some years , while a lugged shoulder crown was used exclusively in others. In 72 the tubular crown showed up again , though in earlier years it was dropped for a lugged crown.

One I brough back from barnstate to rider came with huge wingnuts on the front axle . Love the bluemels

Ive enjoyed refurbishing a handful of Records from this era , and if you want some great serial number and catalog info , head to the Headbadge site by kurt K :

So cool, orange is rare but seen from time to time here in Boston, decals are definitely very early 70s, Bluemels are added but the badge on the rear fender is a dealer/owner add on, the Record in this era was the 13 year old's 10 speed alternative to the Schwinn Varsity, frame based on the 3-speed Sports, I am old enough to remember when we all wanted an exotic Raleigh drop bar and the Record was the one our parents could afford, Alvit and all....Todd

Edit, I may stand corrected but I don't think I remember the Record having center pull Weinmanns either, the one thing that does pop up here in Boston from time to time is the European-spec Raleighs, its possible that the center pulls and fenders were standard for sale in Britain or the continent, here is a "Team Record" that was made for the western Europe market around 1979 that I have ben trying to sell for a while.........

00O0O_3ABiHBtb2FB_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Back