When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Record?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have a friend who was in the Boston bike industry in the 70's and 80's. The story behind the Raleigh Team Records or Record Team is Raleigh accidentally shipped 500 of the Team Records to Boston in the late 70's. The bike shops who received the bikes were suppose to ship them back but worked out a deal with Raleigh and just sold them here in Boston. I own a Team Record but its far from original.

I heard basically the same story, maybe that they were intentionally sent here because of the strength of the Boston Raleigh market and possible an excess of year-end supply over in Europe, my further understanding was that the kids from Netherlands or Belgium where the Raleigh professional riders came from were big on having a bike that matched the team colors, and its important to also accept that these Record bikes are far from the professional bikes that sell for huge money when they come to market

Back