When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Rod Brake Have Value?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is my near NOS 1980 version of the DL1. Sold it years ago for about Three hundred $. Lucky to get that!

I had two...sold them both. More of a novelty for me than anything. Main rides are my Road bikes.

I sold this '77 small model a few months ago for $280 here in Memphis, I thought that was a fair price for this market especially since it didn't have a leather saddle. I still have a 24" that I like to ride so that's not going anywhere, but if otherwise I'd guess $300-ish would be the top end on CL here, on the 'Bay? Who knows? Would have to be local pickup - I get cold sweats thinking about packing one of these up for shipping... 😕

PXL_20210819_202452533.jpg

Last edited:
I sold this '77 small model a few months ago for $280 here in Memphis, I thought that was a fair price for this market especially since it didn't have a leather saddle. I still have a 24" that I like to ride so that's not going anywhere, but if otherwise I'd guess $300-ish would be the top end on CL here, on the 'Bay? Who knows? Would have to be local pickup - I sold this '77 small model a few months ago for $280 here in Memphis, I thought that was a fair price for this market especially since it didn't have a leather saddle. I still have a 24" that I like to ride so that's not going anywhere, but if otherwise I'd guess $300-ish would be the top end on CL here, on the 'Bay? Who knows? Would have to be local pickup - I get cold sweats thinking about packing one of these up for shipping... 😕

View attachment 1492207
Go Memphis! Beautiful bike.
Here is mine, a 70-71 machine in downtown Memphis some years ago with my son.

IMG_0507.JPG

Buyer beware as to the upper bike in post #14 - the fork appears to be damaged such that the rake is extended. This type of bend can be dangerous.

These bikes are so much nicer than the ChiCom Flying Pigeons that the hipsters were into for a while! And lighter than the Dutch style bikes they seem to have moved on to. If I saw one for 90.00 I'd get it just to work on the rod brakes. They are charming but I've never found Raleighs to be money maker, but they are worth keeping on the road.

Back