When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh serial number ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kirk thomas

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I have a friend that has a 10 speed and I tried to find the year but after an hour of looking here at the resources I am confused. The serial number is on the bottom bracket by the crank side. I have found bikes with the serial number location there but none like this one on his bike. The serial number is A5638 that is all. The components are all Huret if that helps. All the serial numbers I have seen either have 2 letters and more numbers. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Kirk

-----

don't feel bad; this comes up frequently

there is both a known "standard" for Raleigh serials and irregularities which can be all over the map

keep in mind also that not all Raleigh bicycles come from England. some have been produced in India, Eire, Holland, Canada & other lands.

have asked member @cudak888 to visit so as to enlighten us.

readers can probably identify the year and model of the bicycle if you are able to post images of it.

-----

Back