When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Sports...Cheap...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
OK, finding one of these is no big deal as we all know. But sometimes people think they're worth more than they are in any given condition.

This one was, though, a great deal as I was looking for a parts bike. Well, mainly grips because one was missing on a Superbe I have and I hated looking at it missing one grip. But parts get crazy when looking for that one small item to complete a bike. So, enter this little "gem".

The hub is frozen, and apparently this is why the shifer and cable were removed long ago and ridden as a 1 speed. Also, the saddle had a cover on it, concealing the broken and dried out Brooks saddle which I figured was going to be the case. But the mainly the grips were there. Everything else was a bonus in my book.
And the paint is in nice shape, along with pretty much everything else on it.

Purchased as a parts bike, but I have other pieces to probably complete this one...including wheels if I can't free up the hub.
I just wish that Bicycle Shops would stop placing their decals over decals. I'm hoping to get this one off (which is actually a shop not to far from me) and not ruin the stripes and Raleigh logo beneath.

I think this will shine up pretty well. And at only $20...:tonguewink:

IMG_5267.jpg

IMG_5268.jpg

IMG_5269.jpg

IMG_5270.jpg

IMG_5271.jpg

IMG_5272.jpg

IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

IMG_5275.jpg

IMG_5276.jpg

IMG_5277.jpg

IMG_5278.jpg

IMG_5279.jpg

IMG_5280.jpg

IMG_5281.jpg

IMG_5282.jpg

Another splendid find, Harpo! For $20, you got your grips and a nice cache of parts. You can rebuild the Stumey-Archer hub.
I hope you don't mind, as I took the liberty to find out if Mineola Bicycle Service was still around. Apparently it still is. They may have the part(s) you're looking for.
20190126_110538.jpg

Ugh...my favorite bike is my '72 Sports (in green), and I paid a lot more than $20 for it. It was one of my first old bikes, probably 10 or 11 years ago now. Nice!

Another splendid find, Harpo! For $20, you got your grips and a nice cache of parts. You can rebuild the Stumey-Archer hub.
I hope you don't mind, as I took the liberty to find out if Mineola Bicycle Service was still around. Apparently it still is. They may have the part(s) you're looking for.
View attachment 938401
Actually, I still go there for Snow Blower parts among other things. It's only about 5 miles or so from my house. Quite a few bikes I have came from there, including my brother-in-laws 1969 Schwinn lemon Peeler that I have. And yes, the same sticker in the same stupid place, lol.

If that hub does not work and it has an oil port put some very lightweight oil in it. Then try the shift chain after an hour. If there is no oil port lay bike on its side and put oil in where the chain is. It should loosen up. Probably some solid build up of oil or dirt. These hubs do that from sitting.

Back