When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RALEIGH SPORTS

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Deejay

Look Ma, No Hands!
006.JPG
I intend to sell this 1954 (the date on the SA hub) RALEIGH SPORTS, but don't like the way the shifter cable is routed. It would be more esthetic if it ran along the lower downtube. I've seen one or 2 others like this on which I moved the cable down. It required a different anchor clamp because the lower tube has a wider diameter. This time I'd like to sell it in as close to the original as possible. Does anyone know how these women's bikes left the factory.

I agree with dropping the cable routing to the lower tube. It will get a more direct travel with less impingement at the fulcrum exit. Nice bike with the two-tone fender option.

I agree with dropping the cable routing to the lower tube. It will get a more direct travel with less impingement at the fulcrum exit. Nice bike with the two-tone fender option.
I'm in total agreement with you, Sir Mike, so I'll fashion a new fulcrum to go on the lower tube. Thanks also for the compliment. Paintwork is a bit scuffed, particularly on the fenders, but nice enough to sell to someone who will enjoy riding it.

Back