When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Superbe 3 Speed info request

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

teisco

Finally riding a big boys bike
Raleigh Superbe 3 Speed I am looking at buying. What year and what would be a fair price to pay for one like it? Looks to be all original with a worn Brooks saddle and the front hub generator.

r12.jpg

Last edited:
Mid 1970s. Nice condition and pretty much complete bike there. Even has its self-adjusting brakes still. Make sure it fits you - 21 inch frame on 26 inch wheels.

Mid 1970s. Nice condition and pretty much complete bike there. Even has its self-adjusting brakes still. Make sure it fits you - 21 inch frame on 26 inch wheels.
Thanks, what would be a fair price for this bike? Owner is asking 300 for it.

-----

make sure to get the key for the steering lock.

if seller cannot provide it you should get an allowance on the selling price.

-----

Still hoping to get a general idea of the worth of this bike. If someone here is interested in it I might pass on it (looking for older) and work a deal for them with the owner.

Check the rear hub for two numbers...such as 9 75. This would indicate a build date of September 1975.

-----

What year be your Follis Mr. Marx?

Am thinking MCMLXXIII.

Since it is in the repair stand does that mean its a "front burner" project...or at least was at the time of the picture?

Each time I see a Rudge chainwheel it reminds me of the old telly series Kung Fu.

-----

Back