When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Superbe...Just Got It...

-
The cool thing is that after about three drops of oil the 3 speed hub will likely work fine.
I'm sure it probably will, but the cable isn't connected properly to the shifter. I'll look closer at it tomorrow.
All I did was bring the bike home after a quick check over and take the photos. I didn't look very closely when I purchased it, knowing full well what I was getting into just from its condition. 😜

Last edited:
Beautiful day here on Long Island to take the bike outside and begin taking the it apart! So far, it isn't giving me any trouble!! And I've put some parts in Evapo Rust to see how well they do.

IMG_3067.jpeg

He just displays it to strike fear into non-compliant bicycles.

-----

and just look -

he has two pair of pliers at the ready for the unanesthetized extraction of cog teeth😱

Sir Wally shall be responding to all interrogatives with alacrity

-----

Last edited:
Inside of the head light I managed to open. And my go to... WD-40 and a brass brush...for heavy chrome rim rust!

I needed the hacksaw and pliers to remove the chain on the rear rack!!

IMG_3071.jpeg

IMG_3072.jpeg

IMG_3073.jpeg

-----

...wunner iffin' that stuff would woik on me auld man gnarly luukin' feets...

...prolly mo' cheapuh than a pedi...

-----

@juvela This stuff works incredibly well!!
It took me a while to try it, but now I swear by it. I just picked up a gallon because though you can use it over and over, but what you see has about had it. Fresh bucket for the rest of the parts!

Safe on flesh, so a pedi is up to you...

Back