When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Twenty...Crusty!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I Posted a little while ago on a 1940's Rollfast I just bought, that along with this Raleigh. Also hanging from its from wheel in that same damp basement for decades, it's pretty complete...yet missing its kickstand and the two chrome inserts on the front fork.
This came, as seen, with the original pump...saddle bag...and an odometer. I haven't checked the hub yet for a date, but I's assume early 70's like the green one I have. Funky looking stuff (mold, I guess) on the seat that I hope will clean up. Another project, @Sven , lol!!

Still, not bad for $25! :)

I just wish the kickstand was still there. Wonder how they managed to get that taken off. :(

At the price most people pay for such a bike the cost of a new kickstand would be trivial but I realize when only pay $25 for the entire bike this no longer holds true!
You can buy a new greenfield cast aluminum kickstand made in USA for a little over $13 on the big internet buy everything site...cut it down to whatever length you need (just measure the OE one on your other bike).

There were several kinds of stands used on Twenty's. I have 3 of the bikes and one has a welded on kick stand similar to what Schwinn used. The second has a copy of a Greenfield. The third has a 2 legged stand. Roger

At the price most people pay for such a bike the cost of a new kickstand would be trivial but I realize when only pay $25 for the entire bike this no longer holds true!
You can buy a new greenfield cast aluminum kickstand made in USA for a little over $13 on the big internet buy everything site...cut it down to whatever length you need (just measure the OE one on your other bike).

Oh, I have extra kickstands...just not an original to fit beneath the frame. I really do get caught up in keeping the bikes I have as original as possible.

Both are the same. I still haven't cleaned off the hub for a date yet, but I'm sure it's within a year, if not the same, as my green '72.

Back