When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh wanna be

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BroCraig

Finally riding a big boys bike
I do love the Raleigh bikes. Would love to have one, an older one. For now I would like to at least simulate one? I guess all I really want is a cool looking headlight for my Racer. Any suggestions of one that is or looks vintage that puts out good light that will not cost me more than current black market toilet paper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww. Link dead or not showing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screenshot_20200407-073423_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200407-073440_Chrome.jpg

You definitely want LED light. I have the old Schwinn Approved / Soubietz generator lights . They are neat but they have as much illumination as a candle, and you have to be moving. There are more sophisticated models made in Germany that are 12 volt LED and will stayed illuminated for a period of 4minutes after you stop pedalling.
For safety reasons, I use this light set up with all my bikes. My vintage lights are pretty much for show, though they do work, I feel better having this set up. You can have your vintage look by quickly removing both lights.

51zE+Q1uyGL._AC_SY200__1.jpg

Last edited:
You definitely want LED light. I have the old Schwinn Approved / Orbietz generator lights . They are neat but they have as much illumination as a candle, and you have to be moving. There are more sophisticated models made in Germany that are 12 volt LED and will stayed illuminated for a period of 4minutes after you stop pedalling.
For safety reasons, I use this light set up with all my bikes. My vintage lights are pretty much for show, though they do work, I feel better having this set up. You can have your vintage look by quickly removing both lights.

View attachment 1169248

yeah, I have a small three LED light. it is fine, but certainly not fitting to the character of the bike. Checked out both "vintage" new LED lights on ebay and Amazon and not sure if they are the best. Saw the reviews and those always shut me off a bit if there are many who say, "Not good."

Me myself and I would go with something along the lines of this.

$4.99 with $1.99 shipping from China!?!?!? Buyer beware! Vegas is shut down. If anyone needs to gamble step up to the table!

Back