When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ram Horn Schwinn Stingray value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Arrington

Finally riding a big boys bike
A friend of mine has a old ram horn stingray from when he was a kid. I mainly collect balloon tire bikes and I am not up to date on these stingrays. I am try to get a value of this bike for him. Thanks for any help.

8A937740-B026-47D8-8BAA-010FC804BC7E.jpeg

What’s the opinion on the bikes with the ram horn handle bars vs regular? Do collectors prefer regular bars or does it matter.?

Not sure what year it is, but I believe that shifter and seat is an incorrect combination. Most likely the seat is incorrect. And, good seats are not cheap for these things.

I think it is a 68 because of the crossed flag decal. Seat is incorrect. Would have been a white glitter with silver mylar stripes. Green seat is newer. I think the handlebars are Wald. Other than that looks original. I would say Rams Horns are more desirable, made less years. It looks like it would clean up really nice. But if he is selling let the buyer do that. Here is a pic of my childhood 68 I just finished up. Pic shows the bars off well.

003 (3).JPG

Last edited:
Did Schwinn use wald bars? On the ram
Horn bikes? It’s definitely a ram horn bike with chain guard. It’s been a garage for the the last 40 yrs or longer.

Did Schwinn use wald bars? On the ram
Horn bikes? It’s definitely a ram horn bike with chain guard. It’s been a garage for the the last 40 yrs or longer.
Very well could have been a dealer change as far as the seat, chainguard and bars go… it may have started life as a plain fastback with a white seat, but the buyer didn’t like the looks so it was changed to green, then the buyer wanted rams horns, and the wald was what they had available along with a Schwinn ramshorn guard. Who knows. Slide the bars out of the stem and they will be stamped WALD or SCHWINN RAMSHORN

Back