When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rambler, help needed please

-
Just thought I'd share what the finish looks like on an original Rambler rim. Black, maroon, and gold pin stripping. This is a 24" NOS
20190813_212506.jpg

rim intended for a juvenile Rambler.

I bought the bike back in 2011. The photos are when I received it from California. It has been apart ever since. Yes, the hubs are ND, although, the rims are G&J, or maybe not, because tire fittings are a problem! Now that I think about it, an extra set of G&J wood rims were sent with the bike. Not much movement in the intervening years, cleaned up the front fork and had the fork crown cup machined to realign it with the head stock.... I blame it on "too many other projects" going on for the disruptions of this moving toward a finished bike. I'm sure, this happens a lot with many more in this hobby......

View attachment 1046427
Those lugs are gorgeous, when shiny!
I’m tempted to restore my Rambler, because the nickeled lugs are such a beautiful contrast...

View attachment 1046436

Last edited:
Back