When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ran When Parked

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

furyus

Finally riding a big boys bike
Winter project I’ll be picking away at over the next few months, a 1967 Sting-Ray. The pictures are from the previous owner’s ad, located in Pennsylvania. It looks worse close up. Goal is to build a mate to my wife’s ‘68 Slik Chik that I put together 10 years ago.

-----

...searching for that banana bread recipe me aunt gave me...

-----

Just a little bit of documentation before I tear it apart.

Looks like someone had some sissy bar issues back in the day. The original bar is long gone, and clamps from a Sears Spyder or similar remain even though they’re not doing anything. The axle-mount bar is a Schwinn accessory.

I’m speculating the seat post is frozen judging by where it’s been squished in some long-ago attempt at removal.

Three seconds and a little spit reveal decent paint under the dirt.

A few bricks shy of a full load.

Crank and sprocket under the same conditions, winner crank.

This used to be in mint condition.

Did you know anyone that got hurt by these fenders? I didn’t know anyone that got hurt by these fenders. Would’ve just walked it off, anyway.

Double-knurled, center-stamped Schwinn Tubular S2. Took me about half an hour to find it.

A couple of other Sting-Rays I’ve “restored“ over the years. This one will be the same/not same.

Just so happen to be “restoring“ a ‘67 SS396 4-speed Chevelle at work. Owner bought this car 50 years ago (1972) and parked it when he had kids. The tires are 40 years old. There is rust everywhere. Even the rust is rusted. We got it running, now we’re going to see if we can get it driving around the building. It’s going to take a bunch of work, and none of it is cosmetic. My ‘67 won’t cost nearly as much.

Guess I’ll start with the PB Blaster now...

Last edited:
Looks like you got the bolt loose, is the wedge stuck to the steerer tube?

I suspect it is. Didn’t want to force anything. Shot some PB down the bolt hole after breaking the bolt. I could get the bolt out but I don’t want to lose contact with the wedge just yet. Bolt on the handlebar clamp broke easy, but I’m leaving them on for now for some leverage. This was maybe ten minutes of work, so I’m pleased with this much progress.

Went ahead and pulled the bars off. Stem still firmly in place. Soaking with more PB Blaster. I have a feeling it’s going to be a good while before it comes apart.

The stock ‘67 handlebar has to be the ugliest ever - can’t stand ‘em. It definitely won’t be going back on my bike.

Last edited:
Back