When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ran When Parked

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So we have got some reusable parts here!

1967 crank, but no big surprise.

This seat post, it’s in there. Previous removal attempts obvious. I’m taking it personal - the seat post will submit. Same with you, stem - don’t get too comfortable.

August 1967, one year older than my wife’s August ’68 Slik Chik. I am one year older than my wife as well.

These wheels are rough. I’ve never stepped up and built a set of wheels even though I’ve had several dozen old bicycles. Always just buy a set. Not this time.

I’ve never rebuilt a coaster brake before, either. Time to earn my merit badge.

I’m fortunate to have another bike to ride in the meantime; this project will take a little bit. Going to savor it.

So we have got some reusable parts here!

View attachment 1752738

1967 crank, but no big surprise.

View attachment 1752739

This seat post, it’s in there. Previous removal attempts obvious. I’m taking it personal - the seat post will submit. Same with you, stem - don’t get too comfortable.

View attachment 1752742

August 1967, one year older than my wife’s August ’68 Slik Chik. I am one year older than my wife as well.

View attachment 1752743

These wheels are rough. I’ve never stepped up and built a set of wheels even though I’ve had several dozen old bicycles. Always just buy a set. Not this time.

View attachment 1752744

I’ve never rebuilt a coaster brake before, either. Time to earn my merit badge.

View attachment 1752745

I’m fortunate to have another bike to ride in the meantime; this project will take a little bit. Going to savor it.
I suggest watching a few wheel building videos. There are only a few steps but they need to be repeated alot. The one that got me at first was getting the valve hole in correct place.

-----

boot repair -

what be the plan?

will you cut out a floor from another car or cut a new floor from a sheet of scrap material?

sounds like one of those projects which might expand as you explore the extent of the heavy rust

may need to go further than originally thought to get to some good metal to weld to...

-----

Some good recommendations there, guys, thanks. All the bikes I’ve put together over the years, I always heard that little voice saying “you’ve gotta build the wheels to really make it yours” and I was like yeah yeah yeah. Actually looking forward to it now.

-----

boot repair -

what be the plan?

will you cut out a floor from another car or cut a new floor from a sheet of scrap material?

sounds like one of those projects which might expand as you explore the extent of the heavy rust

may need to go further than originally thought to get to some good metal to weld to...

-----

Actually, reproduction trunk floors, extensions and braces are made for this car (and a lot of others). Repairing rust is always like peeling an onion - you just never know what you’ll find. In this customer‘s favor, we’re not trying to “restore” this car, but return it to functionality, so as long as it’s safe, we‘re good.

Opening up a second front on the rust. Frame and fork upside-down on my bench. Shooting PB Blaster down the seat tube from the crank housing, and into the fork from the fender mount screw hole. Probably leave it soaking through the holidays, with a few extra squirts now and then. Hope everyone has a nice Christmas.

-----

1671655495004.png

just look at that clear workbench!

we can all be envious. 😉

great to see work is moving forward on this beast.

Merry Christmas

-----

-----

View attachment 1755631

just look at that clear workbench!

we can all be envious. 😉

great to see work is moving forward on this beast.

Merry Christmas

-----
You should have seen it 30 minutes earlier. At least the scars are there from many a battle. I cleaned it up in case Housing High Command dropped in for a spot cleanliness and welfare check.

Back