When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ranger F3..Murray built Buzz Bike?

-

Siestabikes

Finally riding a big boys bike
i picked this up the other day and after poking around it seems it might have been a Murray. Murray Buzz bike looks similar

20200224_173411.jpg

The F3 Ranger on the guard shows what it was. A 3 speed. The rear wheel, crank, sprocket, forks are not correct. They made many different models using the F series frames. Cool Score!

I spent the afternoon fixing and changing things. i robbed the 26" fork from a junk bike because it's a close color, put on a 40t ring, drilled and tapped the chainring holes, changed the headset cups, and added a tall sissy bar and brake. i dont have chrome wheels yet but it would be nice to keep it a 3 speed but a 5 speed wheel is easier to come by

20200226_173840.jpg

20200226_173847.jpg

20200226_173900.jpg

For those with skinny tubed frames like my red Ranger above, what cable clamps are you using. i have the small traditional black plastic male/female press fit on hand but would like something that clamps or screws together

Search on Ebay NOS Huffy Rail Slingshot Muscle Bike Bicycle Brake Shift CABLE CLIPS Clamps They should work.

Very nice, I always loved the 5 speeds. I like your custom brake on the fork. Is the chain wheel off a multi speed BMX bike?

thanks j69rr. the chain wheel was the biggest tooth count that would accept a multi speed chain i had. it was in my one piece crank pile so i dont know what it was off. i would have preferred full chrome coloring but the circular black seems to work. i went with a longer crank because the fork was taller and could get away with it

Back