When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Rare 1934 Huffman Airflyte Aircrafted Bicycle

-

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Being offered: Original 1934 Huffman badged Airflyte boy's bicycle. This is the first year for Huffman. It is in the original red paint and retains the correct rare rear reflector, the OG Goodyear G-3 tires (has cracks, crazing, and some side rubber loss, for display only). When I bought the bike the badge was missing and I have added a fabulous example of the earliest version of the Huffman Airflyte bottle cap version. The badge was made by the D.L. Auld Company of Columbus, Ohio as marked on the rear (this badge is thought to have been used only on 1934-35 models as are the Auld Co. marked Dayton badges; after which all the Huffman badges are stamped versions, manufacturer is unknown). The bicycle also has an incredible pair of "California bars." These bars came with the bike when I bought it; if the buyer would prefer a factory correct pair of braced bars instead I would gladly make a swap-out. Other features are a great pair of Torrington 8 pedals, and a Jiffy kickstand (this also was on the bike when I bought it, along with the original drop stand). I also changed out the seat to the correct Troxel "Aerocycle" type; the seat chassis has a weld repair and some added an additional support bracket at the front (see images). The top and pan are in great condition, it would be fairly easy to find a replacement seat chassis if wished. Overall the bike is in very good condition, it does have some paint loss, wear, scratches and soiling as expected, the original stainless fenders has some small dents, wrinkles, bends, and one small tear on the rear of the front fender (see images), the truss rods, rims (some silver over paint), and other bright bits show some light rust (could be detail and cleaned off if wished). In person the bicycle presents extremely well and it always evokes compliments. Please ask questions. $1,800 shipped. Will take 3 payments of $600 each if the first payment is made at time of purchase (unrefundable if buyer defaults). Note: some of the images so the bike without the drop stand, it comes with the original drop stand but the clip is a period replacement.

IMG_8189.jpg

IMG_8191.jpg

IMG_8193.jpg

IMG_8180.jpg

IMG_8197.jpg

IMG_8175.jpg
IMG_8211.jpg

IMG_8181.jpg

IMG_8182.jpg

IMG_8183.jpg

IMG_8185.jpg

IMG_8196.jpg

IMG_8214.jpg

IMG_8215.jpg

IMG_8216.jpg

IMG_8199.jpg

Last edited:
@New Mexico Brant

In addition, Brant … Huffman archives indicate that only 600
machines were built -- during the final 3 months of 1934.

That's right .. only. 600, 1934 units were ever built .. including
the Camelback .. the Ladies model and the Motorbike.

This was Huffman's first venture into bicycle production since
the Huffman family liquidated the Davis Sewing Machine Co.
in the early/mid 1920's

The 1935 Huffman models were given curved seat stays … which
diminished some of that original, stout monumentality (opinion).

The Davis DAYTON Motorcycle set the stage for the design of
the Davis Dayton Motorbike of the teen's era ... as well as the
overall design of the 1934 Motorbike.

..... patric

Below is a Teen's-Era Davis Motorbike

Last edited:
Look … I am, in this moment, full of hesitancy in posting an image in this
particular thread … as I do not want to offend my readers ... especially
those that are gentle by nature.

Am wanting to show you something … an image that really moves me.

Risking being offensive … I am posting a censored version of this image.

If you think you can stand it .. scroll further down, beyond the first picture.

Now, apply this imagery to the 1934 motorbike being offered for-sale, within
this thread.

Perhaps you fancy yourself as being a bit Mad, Bad, and Dangerous To Know ---

Maybe you are, to some degree, quite Raw … Irreverent .. and Rogue.

Can you relate to the following image ?

The only thing holding you back … is that you have not (as yet) committed to
buying the 1934 motorbike … AND .. it has not occurred to you that the bars
on the F-M are nothing more than the ass-end of a beater tricycle having
7/8-inch tubing with a 1-inch ferrule.

May the Winds of Opportunity continue to fill your sails ….

….. patric

Last edited:
Back