When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare 1961 Schwinn Panther III Half Tank. Part II

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Scribble

Wore out three sets of tires already!
img_9352-jpg.jpg

I got hired to rebuild this awesome 61 Schwinn Panther III by a family friend, so far I'm stoked on this project.
img_9351-jpg.jpg

img_9348-jpg.jpg

img_9339-jpg.jpg

img_9338-jpg.jpg

I like the addition of the homie haulers.
img_9341-jpg.jpg

One of the best decals ever :inlove:.
img_9357-jpg.jpg

I also got the whole thing broke down today, already looks good with just a WD-40 rub down.

You don't see a 61 with the long fork darts to often. Nice project. You going to paint and blend in the top bar?

You don't see a 61 with the long fork darts to often. Nice project. You going to paint and blend in the top bar?

It all depends on my friend who owns the bike, I'm just rebuilding it for him. I'll probably end up just doing boiled linseed oil treatment on the paint and call it good, even if its a little ratty.

Alright so I've got most of the small parts I ordered. Also the chrome wheels that came with the bike are just cheap !!! and broken.
So I upgraded them to some 60s Komet Super wheels.
20170502_152505-jpg.jpg

20170502_152510-jpg.jpg

20170502_152529-jpg.jpg

So it didn't have the S-7's on it? Curious, is there a date stamp on the fork? It would be on the left leg inside just above the axle slot.

Last edited:
So it didn't have the S-7's on it? Curious, is there a date stamp on the fork? It would be on the left leg inside just about the axle slot.

I'm sure it S-7s on it at some point, but it seems most people replace those asap. And I don't blame them S-7s are a pain, I know it was most likely set up like my 1958 Hornet with the OG S-7s. I'll have to check the date stamp so see for sure.
20170412_111751.jpg

I never thought of using boiled linseed oil on bike paint. I actually use it quite a bit when restoring other types of items. The results look great, I'll have to remember this.

Back