When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Rare Early Paramount Tourist

-

onecatahula

Living the Dream
For your consideration, a Rare Early Schwinn Paramount Tourist. These are exceedingly hard to find, and this beauty is set up with full Campagnolo and Schwinn Paramount components, and ready to ride ! These early Paramounts were hand built by Emil and Oscar Wastyn, and were the result of Frank Schwinn’s obsession with building World Class racing bikes. They utilized the highest strength Chrome-Molybdenum seamless tubing, keyhole lugs, silver-soldered to retain tubing strength, and the finest components Schwinn could produce, including the finely machined high-flange “phone dial” hubs for strength and weight reduction. Incredibly light, for an all steel bike, even by today’s standards. Schwinn Double Adjustable stem, excellent Tourist saddle, Paramount three piece crank, and Campy components throughout, including Super Record alloy pedals. Truly a work of art ! Please check out the photos carefully, as they tell the story.
First 2900 + ship (or free delivery to Fall Memory Lane)

Paypal F&F, please.
Please use direct email: [email protected]
First to reply gets it !

35448AEB-B0B0-4821-AC0B-2331D5986B40.jpeg

Here’s a nice catalog spec sheet on it.
It mentions the special order aspect of it, and the derailleur option.

This catalog also shows the Continental and Superior models, if that helps nail it down some.
Did the Continental replace the Superior in the line up?
So, maybe only a one year crossover?

Here’s a nice catalog spec sheet on it.
It mentions the special order aspect of it, and the derailleur option.View attachment 1281339
This catalog also shows the Continental and Superior models, if that helps nail it down some.
Did the Continental replace the Superior in the line up?
So, maybe only a one year crossover?

What year is the cat page fom Marty? V/r Shawn

I don’t know, it doesn’t have any date printed on it.
You can kind of narrow it down by the other models in the line up.
I think, Schwinn started using the Nervex lugs in 51, so I’d say no later than that.
I’m not sure, when a decent working derailleur system became available, but I’m guessing, probably late 40’s.
My best guess on this bike for sale, is 48/49.
That’s just a gut feeling by what I see, so nothing definitive for sure.

Very cool! Paramount tourist models do not come up much, I would love one.
For your consideration, a Rare Early Schwinn Paramount Tourist. These are exceedingly hard to find, and this beauty is set up with full Campagnolo and Schwinn Paramount components, and ready to ride ! These early Paramounts were hand built by Emil and Oscar Wastyn, and were the result of Frank Schwinn’s obsession with building World Class racing bikes. They utilized the highest strength Chrome-Molybdenum seamless tubing, keyhole lugs, silver-soldered to retain tubing strength, and the finest components Schwinn could produce, including the finely machined high-flange “phone dial” hubs for strength and weight reduction. Incredibly light, for an all steel bike, even by today’s standards. Schwinn Double Adjustable stem, excellent Tourist saddle, Paramount three piece crank, and Campy components throughout, including Super Record alloy pedals. Truly a work of art ! Please check out the photos carefully, as they tell the story.
First 2900 + ship (or free delivery to Fall Memory Lane)

Paypal F&F, please.
Please use direct email: [email protected]
First to reply gets it !

View attachment 1281242

View attachment 1281243

View attachment 1281245

View attachment 1281246

View attachment 1281244

View attachment 1281247

View attachment 1281249

View attachment 1281248

View attachment 1281250

View attachment 1281251

View attachment 1281253

View attachment 1281252

View attachment 1281255

View attachment 1281256

View attachment 1281257

View attachment 1281261

Nervex lugs started late 58 and definitely 59. I have a very early Nervex lug frame. I would guess mid 56-58ish.
I don’t know, it doesn’t have any date printed on it.
You can kind of narrow it down by the other models in the line up.
I think, Schwinn started using the Nervex lugs in 51, so I’d say no later than that.
I’m not sure, when a decent working derailleur system became available, but I’m guessing, probably late 40’s.
My best guess on this bike for sale, is 48/49.
That’s just a gut feeling by what I see, so nothing definitive for sure.

Back