When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare original FIRESTONE bicycle tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nashman

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hello fellow Cabers. I have been collecting vintage bicycles for over 35 years and at one time, was obsessed ( A Caber "obsessed"?) with original tires vintage 1940's through late 1950's. I had some nice sets, many NOS. Plenty of the original colored tread whitewall Goodyears ( G-3' airwheels in 24 and 26 inch) and lots of other brands. I was lucky enough to find original Nylon Firestone High Speed w/w NOS tires about 15+ years back ( I currently have 2 sets of 24 " on the Cabe for sale) in 26 inch x 2.125 that I kept for years/had on a Firestone resto Super Cruiser ( now a friend owns the bike/not with the tires) and was delighted to find any, especially NOS.

Now, I have been fortunate to buy a really nice original Firestone Super Cruiser bicycle ( thanks to two Cabers) that has really early ( I'm guessing the bike is '48/'49) Firestone tires. Unlike the High Speed, they have more of a tractor tread like an Allstate. They are quite dry, worn, and cracked, but are still rideable, and I do for short spins. I'm just wondering how many Cabers have seen these, and if there are any available anywhere. I was tempted to put John's clay chain links on the bike, but am so overwhelmed with the original parts, I want to keep that rubber on there as long as I can.

I think it's the U.S. Royal Masters that came on some early Schwinn's that are like "hens teeth" rare, and just wondered on other's opinions on these. These tires are Rayon as opposed to Nylon. See the pics, input appreciated. Cheers, Bob/Nashman.

Fire 9.JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

IMG_1914.JPG

IMG_1916.JPG

IMG_1917.JPG

IMG_1919.JPG

IMG_1913.JPG

Back