When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rarity in my possesion?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Like the others said the value of this bike is what it means to you. The rarest bike I own is also probably one of the least expensive bikes I own. Just enjoy it.
I will. The longer I think about this the more I realize that it’s the memories that make this bike special, because even if it’s not then all it would be is just a big price tag, and who can ride a price tag? No one!

After looking over the Bike, I found no serial number at all! Only that it had this for a rear hub, but it was common knowledge

IMG_2928.jpeg

After looking over the Bike, I found no serial number at all! Only that it had this for a rear hub, but it was common knowledge

View attachment 1983130
If you want a date, the Komet hub should have a year code stamp. If it's original that will get you close. Monark was bought by Huffy at the end of 1957, yours was built sometime after that.

If you want a date, the Komet hub should have a year code stamp. If it's original that will get you close. Monark was bought by Huffy at the end of 1957, yours was built sometime after that.

I should’ve guessed. The Buyer is a big bike aficionado and he said that it looked like a Huffy. So yes, it might be one of the later Huffy builds

Most Thunderbirds came with a larger rear winged Headlight, the current one is a later addition, and so are the handlebar grips w/tassels. The Luggage rack is stock standard, while one picture I came across looks similar to Monark’s earlier racks on the Roadsters, And another one showed A different chain guard. I’m going off the points of changed parts or models with different parts. While my model continues to be stock

DBDAB8B0-49C2-4575-AD35-C9510ECE1162.jpeg

Back