When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat II Hawthorne Zep

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rustyspoke66

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Thought I would try throwing a modern fork on a Zep frame and see what it looked like. Well this is it, just a start and not sure were I'm going as far as handlebars, wheels and so on. Any suggestions would be great.
SH104328-1.jpg

zep style frames seem "long" ---that is to say they look cool like an antique motorcycle---I'd like to see this set up with wheels.Just to see how the frame and fork set.

Now that looks great!
Kunker/down hill re-pack/ or a M/C chopper? would be a great lookin kustom in any of those directions.That fork and the tires seem to work well with the long zep frame.

I believe the frame is 36 to 38ish. I dont remember wich years had the built in drop stand ears but I do believe that will help narrow down the year. The model could be Zeplin or many others because Wards Hawthorne was not the only company useing this frame. It was also used by Rollfast, Zenith, American Flyer and others.

I'm planning to do the same setup on one of my frames. How'd you get the headset to work (or is yours a 1" steerer)?

The frame is a 37 or 38. The 36 frame did not have the pinch bolt seat clamp. It's not that the frame is long but that the seat tube is short, which gives the bike a longer look. Not a frame recommended for taller people.

Thanks for the info, CR...I was the one who got the Zep tank off of you recently....I have that frame and I would like to build something out of it but I can't find any models of which to duplicate it...I also have the "H" sprocket and would like to use that also...I just received your Rollfast catalog and the Sport Motobike Deluxe is an exact match of all the parts I have-except the frame...any ideas what model I could build this bike into? Thanks Tom

Back