When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat II Hawthorne Zep

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Cool setup! FYI: I rebuilt one of those Girvins recently, and there's a crazy group of Proflex MTB collectors in Scotland who are making new/improved elastomers for that fork.

Google: Rapid Decent Scotland

Thanks for the tip. Looks like the site is shutting down but I do have some spare parts I picked up so I can mess around with it a bit. The newer fork has a new bracket on top that allows you to use a standard 1" aheadset stem so I think I will try that next.

Have you done anything with this Hawthorne? Would like to see what you have done. It looks like it could be a wild rat!!!Thanks

I don't kbow a lot about those forks, but it would be nice if you could switch the fork tubes so that the dropouts are in the front. The front wheel looks a bit close to the frame.

I haven't done anything with the Hawthorne yet, but even though the wheel base looks short it's 1/2 inch longer than stock.

The amount of wheel behind the fork might make it look closer. Holding the edge of a piece of paper at the CL of the head tube shows just a little trail, I'd leave it alone.

Back