When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Rod Bikes Build Off IV

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

37fleetwood

Riding a '37 Fleetwood
well it's done, sort of. the bikes are built and now the voting.
I just thought it would be fun to see the bikes built from Cabe members.
please, if you built a bike for the build off, post the completed photo.
Here's mine, it's called Subterfuge:
img_1432.gif

Scott, I think your entry succeeds as a ?clean? build that still conveys an attitude. My taste tends toward bikes that strike a look without trying too hard. I especially like the way the fire burnished finish turned out.

My entry was a rebuild and downgrade of a bike I assembled to ride last fall. The ?Rust Huffer? was built around several different parameters but the look I was trying for was a bike that could have been hot-rodded by its second owner down on the farm in about 1954, and then left in the barn to rust.

It is easier to assemble a matched patina rustout than one in paint but this bike did start as a lone frame with all the pieces coming from other donors.

3783770450_06f02af4db_b-1.jpg

3782954191_d57f003b51_b-1.jpg

3783753868_ece5804a5c_b-1.jpg

the CRUCIBLE

here is my 9 year old sons entry, My 19 year old is a US Marine and he wanted to build this as a dedication to his brother. It is a 24" Westfield
ZanesFinishedBuildoff005-1.jpg

as if everyone hasnt seen my bikes enough:rolleyes:
heres my zep thats in it also....
pics039.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly a lurker but I'll toss my iron in the fire also. I love board track motorcycle like the Cyclones, Thors, HD, Indians and whatnot. Since their alittle out of my price range, I made a simplier and cheaper version. lol.
P1150529.gif

P1150530.gif

P1150531.gif

Oops!:o
I guess I should have put somewhere in this thread for new folks that this thread is talking about the build off going on at ratrodbikes.com which just ended. voting ends tomorrow, Monday, August 9, 2009. for those wondering how the voting is going here is the voting thread:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18791
and here is the thread on all the finished bikes that made the deadline:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=32

for the members here who built a bike in the build off, I think we did well and have showed, at the least, that we aren't just a bunch of purists with no sense of adventure, we're capable of building really cool bikes!
personally I've learned that even though I have built two bikes in this build off which I thought were pretty cool, I'm out of my league in this build off! I just can't resist the fun of building them. next years is going to be a '32 Deuce with a stock bicycle frame incorporated somewhere in it.:D

I loved the little flare on the end of the fender and the fact that it only went half way over the tire. I had to do some slight hand rolling of the fender since it's from my AMF which used a 1-3/8 tire. The dropout on the AMF are killer also. Still haven't decided what to do with that frame. I'm still debating on tossing an engine onto it.

Back